Job Title: Trimming/Bucking Technician
Who We Are
From California to the world – building the supply chain for the global cannabis industry.
Focused on positively affecting millions of lives through the creation of a world-class platform to launch and scale brands, Natura is building a state-of-the-art, fully vertically integrated supply chain to bring stability to the rapidly growing global cannabis industry.
Natura’s vision is to transform the world through the consumption of cannabis, and believes that the best way to do this is to empower all players in the industry to standardize their offerings and realize their visions, giving them a home that has everything they need to bring their products to life. The first step towards realizing this vision is Natura’s campus in Sacramento, providing an end-to-end supply chain solution under one roof – cutting-edge cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and delivery, with the highest possible standards, enabling cannabis brands to launch and scale in a consistent and reliable manner. For more information about Natura, please visit www.natura.io.
The Trimming Technician is responsible for the efficient processing of cannabis flower on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work well with others as part of a team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing daily room maintenance checks to ensure equipment is operating correctly
- Enacting standard packaging skills manually and/or via machinery
- Operating all equipment, instrumentation, or machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Cleaning of equipment, instrumentation, machinery, and packaging facility
- Maintaining strict inventory records of product, materials, and equipment
- Record keeping of all details pertinent to packaging and inventory
- Organizing of supplies and equipment, disposal of waste, and keeping work area in pristine condition
- Identifying and reporting any equipment, conditions, or practices that deviate from standard operating procedures so that they may be immediately corrected
- Acting in a professional manner in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must participate in the company’s orientation and required training
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet production schedules
- Regular and punctual attendance is required
- Must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of cannabis being trimmed, adjusting techniques to maintain a steady pace and quality
- Must be able to trim a minimum of 1.5 pounds per shift
- Must be able to understand quality and assurance when handling these products
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and personal hygiene
- Ability to work a variable hour schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Prior Trimming/Bucking experience a plus
- Prior cannabis industry experience a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a GMP manufacturing plant setting. While working in this environment employees will be required to wear appropriate protective gowning and equipment. While working in this environment, employees are required to operate, maintain, and clean large scale packaging equipment including automated packaging equipment and ancillary equipment. While working in this environment, employees will be exposed to cannabis, cannabis concentrates, cannabis products, and terpenes and may also be exposed to the following:
- extreme temperatures (as low as -80 Fahrenheit)
- dust and fine particulate
- loud and/sustained noise
- pinching and/or crushing hazards
- food allergens
- High pressure systems, including inert and volatile gasses
In addition to the conditions above, the working environment also includes basic professional office equipment such as desks, mobile workstations, computers, phones and other office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job employees will be required to walk, stand for sustained periods, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds. Employees will be required to use hands, fingers and arms to grasp, pull, twist, reach, and push as needed to operate basic tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, torque wrenches, etc. Employees must be able to push, pull, and stop carts and trolleys.
Employees must be able to see, hear, and communicate basic operational and safety instructions.
Employees may be required to lay on the floor or climb stairs.
Employees may be required to wear hearing, eye, respiratory, hot/cold, or fall protection.
Natura is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Natura provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Natura embraces diverse perspectives and we value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Trimming Tech Job Title: Trimming/Bucking Technician Who We Are From California to the world – building the supply chain for the global cannabis industry. Focused on positively