How to make soap with cannabis?
Do you know how to make soap with cannabis? It is a safer and simpler legal alternative to make for those who want to use it on sensitive skins. But before doing so you should take some precautions such as wearing gloves and safety goggles during the procedure. Continue reading and learn how to make this soap.
Considerations for making soap with cannabis
Cannabis oil contains many fatty acids, the soap is going to have a useful life of no more than six months, so it is advisable to add an oleoresin of rosemary to help prevent the oil oxidizes and the soap becomes rancid.
If you don’t want to add anything, you can keep it in cool places.
What do you need?
- 473 ml Cannabis Oil
- 177 ml of Distilled Water
- 62 ml soda bleach (sodium hydroxide)
- Drops of an essential oil of your choice.
- Protective Glasses
- 2 large pots
- 1 Thermometer
- Sativa cannabis oil: It is a plant in which we find two fundamental components (the cannabidiol or CBD), where it represents 40% of its composition, while the tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the psychoactive chemical compound of cannabis.
- With Cannabis oil can be made a very mild soap, very moisturizing and that will provide the skin with vitamin E and C, powerful antioxidants, and vitamin A (a good cell regenerator).
Properties of Cannabis Oil
There are two major components of the cannabis plant, which is found in varying proportions depending on the strain. Which they are:
- Cannabidiol rich oil (CBD): Is the substance responsible for behavioural changes that occur after smoking or ingesting.
- Oil rich in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): Is a substance with powerful anti-epileptic effects.
Steps to make soap with Cannabis
- Prepare yourself and organize your work environment.
- Make sure all the ingredients are measured and have the place ventilated.
- Put on gloves and safety goggles, it’s very important.
- Now, put the distilled water in the pot and pour the bleach carefully and slowly.
- Avoid inhaling the vapours that are released. This mixture produces a lot of heat.
- Place the thermometer inside the pot containing the bleach and let it cool down to forty (40°C) degrees Celsius.
- Pour the Cannabis oil into the other pot and also heat up to forty (40°C) degrees Celsius.
- When both mixtures are at the same temperature, forty (40°C) degrees Celsius, add bleach to the Cannabis oil.
- Stir moderately and constantly.
- Once they begin to appear as solidified soap ribbons, which are evidenced by being more opaque than the rest of the mixture, the appearance of these traces can take an hour of agitation.
- At this point, if you wish, you can add additional essential oils and aromas, then add the fragrance of your choice and mix a few more seconds to achieve uniformity.
- Place the mixture in the molds, make sure you have them close to where you are mixing.
- When the soap blocks are almost cold, you can add the decorative elements Be Creative! Try placing flower petals, seashells, to your liking.
- Then store the moulds in a cool, dark place.
- After three days of allowing the solidification to finish, the soap can be demoulded and it will be ready.
- Start using the soap six weeks after it has been demoulded. To allow the soap to cure, evaporate any remaining bleach that may have remained on its surface. Remember that bleach is a very caustic compound for the skin.
After this you are ready to use or give away!
How to make soap with cannabis? It is a legal, safe and simple alternative to do for those who want to use it on sensitive skin.