Best Full-Spectrum CBD Oils
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
If you’ve tried cannabidiol (CBD) oil for its therapeutic benefits, you may have used broad-spectrum CBD, full-spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate. They all come from the same plant, but that doesn’t make these types of CBD extracts the same.
Read on to learn why full-spectrum CBD is different and what makes a good full-spectrum CBD product. We’ve also rounded up 10 of the best full-spectrum CBD oils on the market today.
Both full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate are derived from the cannabis plant.
Full-spectrum CBD extracts contain all the compounds that naturally occur in the cannabis plant, including trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). That’s the cannabinoid associated with the cannabis “high.”
A theory called the entourage effect suggests that taking all the cannabinoids together is more effective and beneficial than isolating a single cannabinoid. That’s one reason why you might consider a full-spectrum CBD oil.
A CBD isolate, on the other hand, is exactly as it sounds — it’s been refined so that it’s CBD only, with no other compounds from the plant. This can be a good option if you’re interested in the therapeutic benefits of CBD, but you want to avoid THC completely. You won’t experience the entourage effect, but there is research to suggest taking CBD alone may have benefits.
In choosing the best full-spectrum CBD oils, we looked for products that met specific criteria for safety, quality, and transparency. Each of the products on our list:
- is made by a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- is made with U.S.-grown hemp
- contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- passes tests for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
When deciding what goes on the list, we also consider:
- the company’s certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letter
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
Finally, we checked reviews to get an idea of how well these products work for the customers using them.
Looking for the best full-spectrum CBD oil? We’ve got you covered with 10 great options and all the info you need to choose one.