CBD Protein Powder
One of the greatest benefits of CBD is that it makes anything taste nice. CBD brands are using this unique property to enhance the formula of anything they can think of. The newest addition to this long line of CBD based products is CBD protein powder.
What is CBD Protein Powder?
Protein Powder is highly used by bodybuilders and athletes. It provides the muscles with the necessary nutrition to grow.
The addition of CBD brings with it additional benefits like reduced inflammation and fatigue after workouts and before workouts.
The two compounds together can help you work out longer with less pain and discomfort after the workout for more gains.
CBD protein powder is a blend of some of the most popular proteins like whey protein, CBD isolates, among other minor ingredients that help in the uptake process. These ingredients include:
- Supplements like Omega 3 and 6
How do you use CBD protein Powder?
For the best results, please follow these steps when taking CBD protein powder:
- Mix a scoop of the CBD protein powder with 5-6 oz of water. Use a blend a shaker to mix the two together.
- It’s important that you maintain consistency when taking the supplement for the best results.
- When not in use, ensure the container with the CBD protein is kept in a cool, dry place.
The recommended serving might differ slightly depending on the brand. It’s vital that you the directions and recommended serving before consuming the supplement.
CBD Protein Powder FAQs
What is CBD protein powder good for?
CBD protein powder has a variety of benefits. It can help in building lean muscle, has power anti-oxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps in relieving stress and anxiety, is vital in maintaining hormonal balance, boosting energy levels and also helps in muscle repair post-workout among other benefits.
Can I test positive for a drug test after using CBD protein powder?
CBD protein powders are made according to strict regulations which limit the concentration of THC in any CBD product to 0.2% which is too low to trigger a positive result. If you’re very concerned about using a protein powder that contains THC, you can check for options that use CBD isolate to make the protein powder.
What ingredients are used to make CBD protein powder?
The ingredients used to make CBD protein powders differ depending on the manufacturers. Besides the CBD, some manufacturers will add whey protein while others prefer to go for gluten-free and vegan-friendly options that only contain protein powders extracted from the Hemp plant.
Can you get high from using CBD protein powder?
No you cannot get high from using CBD protein for two reasons. The first is that CBD does not cause a high. The other is that the concentration of THC (which causes a high) in CBD protein powders is too low to cause any effect.
How should I take CBD protein powder?
There are various ways to take CBD protein powders. The most common is using the protein powder to make a shake using milk and fruit. You can also add the powder to food or a drink. If you don’t have time, you can take a scoop of the protein powder and place it in your mouth. But the last method requires you to drink lots of water to avoid a dry mouth.
When is the best time to take CBD protein powder?
It depends on your goals. If you’re looking to build muscle, you can use the protein powder before your work out and then after to help with muscle repair. If for any other reasons, you can use as appropriate depending on your needs and preferences.
After how long should I start to experience effects after taking the protein powder?
Because protein powder is taken orally, it might take longer to start feeling the effects which can take up to 30 minutes.
Are there any side effects associated with taking CBD protein powder?
Side effects are not common. But some users have reported having a dry mouth after using CBD protein powders.
How much CBD is in CBD protein powder?
The amount of CBD in the protein powder varies from brand to brand. If you have a particular preference, you can check on the packaging to ensure you get the one that has your preferred CBD concentration.
Does hemp protein powder contain CBD?
Yes, Hemp-based protein powders contain CBD. To ensure they are safe for all users, the CBD used in this case is CBD isolate. This is 99% and doesn’t contain any traces of THC.
There are varieties made from 100% raw organic hemp proteins. These are ideal for vegetarians. They offer a complete protein source that supports muscle function and are high in dietary fibre.
Are there any safety concerns when taking protein powder CBD?
It’s vital to practice caution when using protein powder CBD and make sure you use it for the right reasons for the best results. Some of the factors to have in mind include:
- This is only a food supplement. It should not be used for medical applications.
- Drink plenty of water to reduce the risk of dehydration after consuming CBD protein powder.
- Make sure the product is stored in a cool and dark place
- Keep it away from children.
- Carefully follow the intake instructions and don’t exceed the recommended amounts.
- If you’re breastfeeding or pregnant, it’s not recommendable to use CBD protein powder.
Leading Online Shop in the UK
Flawless CBD has been a trusted name in the CBD circles for a number of years. We have dedicated our time and resources to providing CBD lovers with quality CBD products that meet the set requirements.
With our range of CBD products, there are no psychoactive effects and you have a wide range of products to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for CBD protein powder or other CBD products, our extensive collection has exactly what you’re looking for.
Why Choose Us?
One of the biggest reasons to choose Flawless CBD for your CBD experience is our position in the market. Being a leading shop, we have eyes and ears in every CBD corner. With us, you get the newest CBD products first.
We love giving back to our customers. That’s why we provide free shipping for orders worth £30 or more. We also offer same day dispatch services for orders placed before 5pm.
We carefully select the products that we stock. We ensure we deal with compliant companies and those that have 100% lab test reports and are licensed to produce non-GMO products. With us, your experience couldn’t be better or safer.
We offer a wide selection of CBD Protein Powder for all your gym and fitness lovers. As the leading shop in the UK, we offer only the best products.
You are here: CBDInsider.com > CBD Protein
Many people who are into exercise or athletics are starting to realize the benefits of CBD Protein powder. In many cases, these people have already been using protein powder to maximize the effects of their workouts for years, but have found that the protein powder in conjunction with the benefits of CBD work to not only maximize their workouts but to heal the inflammation and pain associated with their workouts.
For decades, athletes have looked to protein powder to build muscle and maximize strength and well as lose weight. Protein is an essential macronutrient that helps in this process as well as to repair tissue and produce enzymes and proteins. The addition of CBD to protein powder helps these functions work even more efficiently.
CBD Protein powder can come in many different forms, usually, they are either plant-based or dairy based.
Table of Contents
The Health Benefits of CBD Protein Powder
The health benefits of CBD protein powder are immense. Proteins are the building blocks of life. They’re found in every molecule of the body.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis and humans. This compound, called a cannabinoid, is one 113 known to exist. Another cannabinoid is THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. This is the substance in cannabis that causes a person to become high after consuming marijuana. CBD has no such effect on humans and can be consumed without any intoxicating effects.
CBD has been found to have analgesic, anti-anxiety, antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, anti-psychotic, and neuroprotective properties. This in conjunction with the properties of the protein in the powder makes it a powerful combination for athletes.
Some of the health benefits of CBD protein powders include:
- Added nutrition – Most adults should take in about 50 grams of protein each day. Many can get this amount through normal healthy eating habits and diet. However, some may struggle. People who are subscribing to a vegetarian or vegan diet, as well as people who have had weight loss surgery, have a hard time achieving this goal. CBD protein powder is a great way for these people to get the necessary amount of protein. But that 50 grams is not enough for athletes. For athletes that have strenuous workouts or competitions, they may need 2 to 3 times the normal amounts of protein. Some larger athletes like powerlifters or MMA fighters may need even more. As such, protein powder becomes a necessity for these people.
- Muscle growth – Protein is an integral part of muscle growth. During the exercise process, the muscles tear and repair fibers in order to grow. The combination of protein and CBD work in concert to stretch, tear, and repair quickly and with a minimal amount of pain and inflammation. Studies of both CBD and Protein show that they have these effects. Protein supplements grow muscles through working out. This is true for both men and women. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of CBD show that the CBD works on the muscles to prevent and repair inflammation and quell the pain associated with it.
- Recovery after exercise – Protein, and CBD also have the ability to repair muscle and tissue damage. Because of this, athletes wishing to speed up recovery time have moved from protein powder to CBD protein powder. By taking CBD protein powder after a workout or an athletic event, muscle damage is reduced, muscle performance is improved, and the process of muscle protein generation is accelerated.
- Weight management – CBD Protein powder can help with weight loss as both proteins and CDB have been shown to do so. With protein, people who consume it as well as protein substitutes feel fuller for longer periods of time, resulting in less snacking and smaller portion sizes. CBD works with neurotransmitters and neuroreceptors in the endocannabinoid system to regulate appetite. As a result of this, people can see a reduction in weight-related issues and risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease.
Types of CBD Protein Powder
Because of the diversity of an athlete’s diet, many different types of CBD protein powder are on the market. Some of the more common types include:
- Casein – A dairy-based protein that is rich in the amino acid glutamine. Glutamine along CBD help speed up post-exercise muscle recovery. Because this protein is derived from dairy, vegans and those with lactose intolerances or allergies will want to avoid casein CBD protein powder. Also, this is a protein that should be taken around bedtime as the body digests casein slowly.
- Hemp – In addition to being the source of CBD in CBD protein, hemp seeds are full of protein that contains essential fatty acids. This is a favorite of those who are vegan, vegetarian or have soy allergies.
- Pea – Full of the amino acid arginine, CBD pea protein is a great alternative to soy or dairy based proteins.
- Soy – Also a great alternative for those who can’t tolerate dairy, CBD soy protein products contain a full spectrum of essential amino acids.
- Whey – By far the most popular type of protein, whey is a full-spectrum protein contain all of the essential amino acids the body needs. Whey protein is among the easiest of all the CBD protein powder for the body to absorb.
It should be noted that the FDA doesn’t regulate protein powder or CBD (although in the case of CBD and CBD products like CBD protein, this may change by 2020). As a result, CBD protein and protein powder can vary substantially in quality and price. Some recent evaluations of more popular commercial non-CBD protein powders found that they contain heavy metal impurities, such as lead, cadmium, and arsenic. In the near future, some of these manufacturers may jump into the CBD protein market, so it’s important to find a high-quality manufacturer of CBD protein and protein powder.
CBD Protein Side Effects
Side effects from CBD protein and protein powders are minimal and rare. CBD doesn’t contain the intoxicating effects of its sibling cannabinoid THC, so there’s no chance of getting high from taking CBD. A person can’t overdose on CBD, but large amounts can cause discomfort.
Among the side effects of CBD protein and protein powders are:
- Drowsiness – CBD can cause drowsiness in some people. It is often used on people who have anxiety conditions and insomnia to relax them. It is best not to do heavy workouts, operate machinery, or drive if a large dose of CBD is taken or the user has taken it before.
- Dry mouth – CBD can affect saliva glands and restrict saliva production, as a result when taking CBD or CBD protein, users should consume fluids to keep hydrated.
- Headaches – CBD is a natural way to fight headaches and migraines, so this is not a very common side effect. However, in CBD protein powders made with low-quality ingredients or impurities, headaches may result.
- Lower blood pressure – Occurring in only a small amount of the population, CBD protein can cause a drop in blood pressure resulting in light-headedness. A doctor should be consulted by people with blood pressure issues before taking a CBD protein product.
- Nausea – For first time users, CBD products of any kind can cause a nauseous feeling. If it continues beyond that to subsequent use, the user may be taking too much CBD. It is not harmful and will only last a short while.
Using CBD Protein Powder to Maximize the Effects
Prior to starting a regimen of CBD protein powder, a user should understand his or her nutritional needs. If the person isn’t getting enough protein in their daily routine, CBD protein and protein powders are a great way to make up the deficit.
Many CBD protein powders have up to 100 grams of protein. While this is great for an athlete or someone who works out intensely, this is usually too much for the average person. And while the CBD in the protein powder has no harmful effects, too much protein on a long term basis may result in damage to the kidneys and liver and affect bone health.
Because protein and CBD can directly affect appetite, too much can result in loss of appetite. This means that the user’s body other essential and beneficial foods such as fiber-rich fruits, vegetables, and legumes that they need.
As far as when to take CBD protein and protein powders, for workouts, it is recommended to take CBD protein powder afterward as both the CBD and the protein will work together to repair any damage and inflammation from the workout and enhance muscle building. For weight loss, it’s recommended to take the CBD protein with a meal as it is more effective for weight management and reducing fat than if it’s taken between meals.
Part of the effects of CBD protein powder is its natural ability to help with rest and relaxation. This is important for muscle development. Use CBD protein powder should be used to help with post-workout recovery.
CBD protein powder is best consumed within an hour after completing a workout to get the greatest benefit.
CBD protein powder can be mixed with food such as yogurt, oatmeal, or pancakes. It can also be added to smoothies, milk, or even water.
Other CBD Protein Products
While protein powder may be the most common form of CBD protein product, it isn’t the only type CBD protein product. CBD and the athletic nutritional supplement industry are intersecting more and more every day.
Among some of the more popular and unique CBD protein product available are:
- Protein bars – Probably the biggest seller in the CBD protein industry, CBD protein bars provide a quick jolt of protein and CBD that many like to enjoy pre-workout or as a quick snack. These are generally made with some type of granola mixture, chocolate, nut butters, carob, or a combination of these. They’re by far the most convenient of the protein line as they can be stored in a pocket, fanny pack, or gym bag without taking up much room.
- Protein drinks – While a protein powder gives a user the ability to make their own protein drink, many manufacturers produce premixed shakes and drinks packed with protein and CBD that can be taken on the go.
- Protein shots – Some manufacturers make liquid CBD protein shots that are essentially a CBD protein concentrate. Most are under 8 ounces and pack as much protein and CBD as a protein powder serving.
Where to Buy CBD Protein Products
Many CBD protein products can be found online, at a nutrition store, or a store that primarily sells CBD. They also can be found in some major retail chains such as Walmart.
The best places to get CBD protein products is at a CBD or nutrition store (either online or at a physical location). Some CBD stores may not be able to answer questions about the nutritional aspects of the protein and some nutritional stores may not be able to answer CBD questions, so keep that in mind when purchasing.
Many CBD protein products are labeled as hemp protein, but they may not have a high dose of CBD, so it’s important to read the ingredients. Also, if purchasing in a state that’s legalized recreational marijuana, especially online, be sure to check the THC content. Any amount over 0.3% THC will run afoul of federal law and can cause legal issues.
CBD protein is the ultimate combination of muscle enhancement and repair that can be purchased legally. The healing properties of the CBD and the ability to help grow muscles are a perfect combination for today’s athlete.
And the choices for athletes are growing every day as the CBD industry grows. CBD protein powders, protein bars, pre-mixed shakes, and shots are available now, but more products will be made widely available in the future. Eventually, most protein product will more than likely have CBD as an ingredient as the benefits far outweigh any minor side effects.
Carefully researched overview of the uses, benefits, and drawbacks to using CBD protein powder and other products.