I’m always sceptical on new releases but the fact that this sold out of 6,000 tubs in just 5 days says enough. In our trials, we've found this to be a solid 5/5 rating. If you're looking for the best summer protein, there is only one option.
Clear Whey Protein Isolate - light, refreshing, and a great alternative to milky whey. Further down we dive into the detail of what makes this a winner. Aside from the fact that it's a high-quality whey isolate, the type of protein used isn't its key selling point. Gareth Gray (Head of New Product Development) at MyProtein HQ explained that the brand new Clear Whey Isolate sold out of 6,000 tubs of stock in just 5 days . Gareth continued to say that this was because this powder was created to taste more like juice than your standard milky whey protein shakes. On top of that, they have released 5 exciting new original flavours: Bitter Lemon, Orange Mango, Peach Tea, Mojito, and Rainbow Candy. The price as of today is £19.99 for a 20 serving tub, each scoop providing 20 grams of protein , at 90 calories per serving. Let's run through a beginners guide to protein powders and why this new MyProtein Clear Whey Isolate review recommends this product to your supplements list. In the cheese-making process, separating the liquid part that separates from the milk is called 'whey'.
If you want some extra knowledge, milk actually contains two types of protein, casein (80%) and whey (20%). Whey protein is found in the cheese-making process, the fattier parts of the milk coagulate which separates from the liquid which forms whey. At this point, whey protein goes through a number of manufacturing steps to become the premium protein clear powder it is in your tub. At this point flavour is usually added to give it it's unique taste. Unlike classic MyProtein whey flavours, the clear whey drinks come in summer flavours which are ideal for a refreshing post-workout drink. Fun Fact : "Whey is one of the biggest sources of food protein available today. The world whey output as of 2013 was 180 million tonnes" (Source). Difference between Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate. The main difference between whey isolate and whey concentrate is the manner in which they are processed. In the processing stages of whey, once the desired concentration of protein is achieved in its liquid form, a drying process is introduced to create the powder. At this point, Whey concentrate is formed when the powder consists of roughly 80% protein by weight. Carbohydrates and fats form the remaining 20% of the whey concentrate powder. Whey isolate has slightly different processing methods to increase its protein content to roughly 90%. The methods applied to involve reducing the carbohydrate and fat content to boost the ratio of protein in whey isolate. Interestingly, both concentrate and isolate are derived from the same source of whey, and therefore contain the same amount of amino acids. Here we have a comparison of Myprotein's best selling Impact Whey Concentrate (80%) and Impact Whey Isolate (90%) With a combined volume of almost 20,000 reviews. Nutritional Breakdown Nutritional Information MyProtein Impact Whey Concentrate (80%) (Unflavoured) MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate (90%) (Unflavoured) Difference Calories (kCal) 103 93 -10 Protein 21g 23g +2g Carbs 1g 0.6g -0.4g Fat 1.9g 0.1g -1.8g Cost £21.99 £26.99 +£5.00. One of the benefits to ‘isolate’ is the lower amount of lactose per serving. For those who are lactose intolerant it can be a benefit. That being said, there is evidence to suggest this is a negligible amount and might not be worth the additional cost. Ultimately for the price difference, you could consume a larger serving of whey concentrate to make up for the 2 grams difference in protein and be better off than paying an extra 22% for a 1 kg bag. The main benefit to ‘isolate’ would really be if you're watching your carbs and fats in great detail.
These small increments can add up especially if you're competing in bodybuilding or following a tight cutting routine which we've covered in great detail. Whey isolate (Peach Tea) v whey concentrate (Chocolate) Clear Whey Isolate Protein Flavours. MyProtein has done a stellar job with the flavours available on the first launch: These flavours are all great sounding and the perfect summer drinks. Peach Tea is the perfect balance of sweet, light, and peachy with a hint of tea. Typically these sugary flavours are too sweet like the pre-workout powders, but MyProtein has struck a good balance. With the same amount of protein as your standard Impact Whey Protein, the lighter summer version offers a solid 20g of protein per scoop . This does leave you the option to double up but it may be too sweet.
There's an additional 4g of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) and 3g of Glutamine to help build and repair muscle. MyProtein typically has extra BCAA's added to their Impact Whey, but the glutamine is a bonus with the clear whey isolate protein powder.