DIY Hemp Lip Balm
Introduction: DIY Hemp Lip Balm
I found out about an interesting alternative to peppermint lip balm which is also great for dry and cracked lips. Main ingredient, hemp oil is a natural moisturizer, rich in vitamin D. Hemp oil is also used to prevent skin diseases such as: psoriasis, eczema, acne, and dry skin. In case you worried, hemp oil is perfectly legal and it doesn’t contain any psychoactive compounds.
I added a small amount of lavender oil in the mixture for better smell. Also the amount of beeswax depends on your preferences. In this recipe I created medium firm lip balm but if you prefer more solid lip balm mixture add more beeswax. This recipe will fill 3 lip balm tubes, so multiply the ingredients if you want to make more of them for the gifts.
Hemp Lip Balm Recipe
- 1.5 teaspoon of beeswax
- 2 teaspoon of shea butter (or avocado butter)
- 2 teaspoon of hemp seed oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil or other essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Mix the shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler until it melts. Make sure to cook it on a slow fire so it doesn’t melt too fast. Use older pots for cooking because it can be hard to wash off the leftovers of the beeswax.
- Turn the heat off and add hemp seed oil and lavender essential oil. Make sure that the mixture is still on the stove so it doesn’t solidify and you need to be quick.
- Pour the mixture into the lip balm containers, or use a pipette if you have it. Pour it carefully.
- Leave it to cool off for about 20 minutes before using it.
Shelf life: It should last for approximately one year if you used fresh ingredients. If not, lip balms will last as long as the ingredient with the shortest shelf life.
Read more about hemp lip balm recipe.
Be the First to Share
Did you make this project? Share it with us!
DIY Hemp Lip Balm : I found out about an interesting alternative to peppermint lip balm which is also great for dry and cracked lips. Main ingredient, hemp oil is a natural moisturizer, rich in vitamin D. Hemp oil is also used to prevent skin diseases such as: psoriasi…
Yaoh Hemp Seed Oil Lip Balm
Keep those lips luscious and kissable with Yaoh’s range of Hemp Seed Oil Lip Balms.
Vegan balm made with candelilla wax, rich in organic hemp seed oil, & great for protecting and repairing damaged lips. Free from parabens, harmful substances and unnecessary chemical additives. Not tested on animals.
Available in 9 varieties. Blueberry, Bubblegum, Caribbean Breeze, Coconut, Mango, Natural, Spearmint, Strawberries & Cream and Watermelon.
Hemp Lip Balm
Organic virgin olea europaea (olive) oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hyperisum Perforatum (St. Johns Wort) Stem/Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey), Leaf Extract.
Added ingredients to achieve flavours: Coconut, Mentham Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Fruit Flavours.
Keep those lips luscious and kissable with Yaoh's range of Hemp Seed Oil Lip Balms. Available in 9 varieties. Blueberry, Bubblegum, Caribbean Breeze, Coconut, Mango, Natural, Spearmint, Strawberries & Cream and Watermelon.