Bulk Australian Hemp Seeds
Our Australian Hemp Protein is available in 20kg amounts. For orders larger than this, please contact us directly. Heavy goods shipping is applied to all bulk products.
Hemp Seeds might be small but are mighty powerful! They contain the recommended ratio of essential fatty acids, 30% protein, 9% fibre, antioxidants, a complete amino acids profile, vitamin E, and minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc.
Consuming Hemp Seeds may:
- Reduce your risk of heart disease,
- Benefit skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, and acne,
- Aid in digestion,
- Reduce inflammation,
- Protect the brain,
- And relieve rheumatoid arthritis.
This product is:
- 100% Australian grown and made,
- A perfect plant-based protein supplement,
- Sustainably farmed ,
- Nut free,
- And gluten free.
Please contact us for wholesale pricing and GST exemption on bulk orders.
- About Us
- SHOP NOW
- Terms & Conditions
- Return Policy
- Contact Us
Sign up for our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
2018 Food and Beverage Industry Awards,
Paddock to Plate Winner
2018 Geelong Small Business Awards,
*Free shipping does not apply to wholesale or bulk orders
Fresh, 100% Australian grown hemp. Available in 5kg, 10kg, 100kg, 500kg, 1,000kg and 10,000kg amounts. Please contact us directly if you are interested in purchasing this product.
Hemp seeds from the hemp plant (cannabis sativa) are naturally loaded with nutritional value, boasting all of the essential amino acids and fatty acids the body needs. These whole hemp seeds arrive with their hulls and shells intact, but once you crack into them, you’ll discover a huge variety of nutritional and medicinal applications.
4 Surprising Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
As a dietary supplement, hemp seeds provide a hearty helping of simple proteins, a perfect balance of essential acids, and a blend of rich minerals and antioxidants.
1) Protein Powerhouse: Hemp seed is valued for being a complete protein, containing all 21 amino acids, including all 9 essential amino acids. It’s important to consume essential amino acids through food because our bodies cannot produce them naturally. A single serving of hemp seeds contains 11 grams of protein. Between 1/4 and 1/3 of hemp seed by weight is pure protein, and hemp seed protein is distinctive for being amazingly easy to digest.
2) Perfect Balance of Essential Fatty Acids: Hemp seed contains an ideal balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids, in a proportion of 3:1. These fatty acids cannot be synthesized by the body but are required to support a wide range of cellular processes in the body, including the proper function of the heart and brain. Hemp seed is an even more potent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids than flaxseed, which is renowned as a health food staple.
3) Tons of Nutrients: Hemp seeds are also an excellent source of vitamin E, zinc, iron, and magnesium. Vitamin E and zinc are potent antioxidants that protects cells against the damaging effect of free radicals. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich red blood cells throughout the body and magnesium plays a role in hundreds of chemical reactions in the body.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2013 study published in the European Journal of Nutrition found that hemp seed consumption could reduce elevated blood pressure in hypertensive rats. The research suggests that hemp seeds may offer benefits to prevent and treat hypertension.
Taste and Uses of Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds have a pleasant nutty taste and crunchy texture. Snack on the raw seeds throughout the day, toss them into salads or substitute them for nuts in your favorite baking recipes. If you’re looking for an alternative to dairy milk, try blending one part hemp seed with four parts water to mix up your own hemp milk. You can even buy whole hemp seeds to make your own soothing skin care solution–try grinding the seeds into paste with a mortar and pestle and mixing it with other natural skin care substances like aloe vera gel or our raw organic cacao butter.
Hemp Seeds: Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves these nutrient packed seeds! They have all essential amino acids and healthy fats, and are a great addition to salads, oatmeal, or stir fries, giving them an extra crunch. You can also grind them and add them to a smoothie.
Hemp Seeds Storage
It’s best to keep hemp seeds refrigerated in an airtight container. If you purchase a 5-pound bag, consider putting 1 pound of the hemp seeds in an airtight container in the refrigerator for daily use and freezing the rest.
Birds Eat Hemp Seeds, Too
Although us humans love these seeds for their great taste and powerful nutrients, we’re not the only ones in on the secret. Pour a few handfuls into your outdoor feeder or just scatter it on the lawn to see what a popular item hemp bird seed really is! You can mix it into your existing bird feed blend to attract a wider variety of species, or just put it out by itself–grosbeaks and cardinals in particular love to eat hemp seeds.
*Per United States regulations, these hemp seeds have been heat sterilized*
Hemp seeds have all essential amino acids and healthy fats, and are a great addition to salads, oatmeal, or stir fries. Great prices and ready to ship.