House of Vapes – London: Vape shop and Coffee Shop
How to Use CBD Isolate Crystals?
January 23, 2019
CBD Crystals are CBD in its purest form, most containing 0% THC. For mixing crystals, it all depends on what you want the mg per ml to be. CBD crystals can be used in many ways whether it’s mixing with your favourite e-liquid or adding some with your favourite food, you can even sprinkle it in your beverage such as tea or coffee.
Here at House of Vapes we offer the 500mg CBD crystals by Harmony, if using this brand of crystals, you would calculate it by dissolving the 500mg in a 10ml, 20ml or even 50ml which give you the ratios of 50mg/ml or 5% CBD (10ml), 25mg/ml or 2.5% CBD (20ml), 5mg/ml or 0.5% CBD (50ml).
We have created a step-by-step guide for when you try to mix CBD crystal with your favourite e-liquid;
- Make sure you are not allergic to PG as this can cause skin irritations.
- Make sure you know the VG/PG combination of the e-liquid you are going to use.
- PG tends to mix a lot better with crystal isolate, dissolve the amount of CBD desired into a PG liquid by either gentle heating or shaking, mix with your favourite High VG liquid.
P.S. The more CBD used, the more chance of it recrystallising (isolate separating from liquid) which can clog your coil…
The calculation is pretty simple, amount of mg in CBD divided by the amount of liquid mixed with equals to CBD mg per ml.
Here are a few examples of the ratios you would get when mixing crystals:
The easiest method of ingesting crystals is by dabbing them under the tongue or mixing with food and beverages. This can be measured by using kitchen scales or eyeballing. This method is a lot less accurate when trying to moderate the amount taken. Isolate powder dissolves and mixes a lot easier with drinks.
Here are a few tips when mixing:
- Best to consume crystals/powder with other foods or after eating.
- Do not consume on an empty stomach, it will be harder for your body to absorb the CBD.
- When ingesting CBD, effects will take around 30-90 minutes to kick in.
- Less CBD will be absorbed when ingesting if compared to vaping CBD
Depending on what you prefer, you can either consume the CBD by either ingesting or vaping. One difference is that vaping goes straight to the bloodstream, this means that when vaping CBD, the user will feel the CBD a lot faster than ingesting (30-90 minutes). In addition to this, if you ingest 500mg of CBD, you are not likely to absorb as much as inhaling.
*Feel free to browse through our new dedicated CBD website where online purchases can be made. Links will be redirected to houseofcbdlondon*
We are always nearby, whether it’s by phone, live chat via our website or in store, we are on hand to offer support and advice.
House of Vapes – London TeamCBD Crystals are CBD in its purest form, most containing 0% THC. For mixing crystals, it all depends on what you want the mg per ml to be. CBD crystals can be used in many ways whether it's mixing with your favourite e-liquid or adding some with your favourite food, you can even sprinkle it in your beverage such as tea
How to Make Your Own CBD Vape Juice at Home
So you want to make your own CBD vape juice at home? If the answer is yes, then you are in the right place! Today we will discuss everything you need to know to craft your own CBD infused e-liquid from the comfort of your own home, including which ingredients you need, how to ensure desired potency, and more!
As we’ve discussed before, there are countless CBD vape juices available on the market. But for due to your own personal reasons you would like to craft your own delectable creations. And after reading this post, you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge to do so!
Are you ready? Let’s begin…
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you start thinking of vape juice flavors to combine with CBD, you will need the following ingredients:
- 99% Pure CBD Isolate
- Flavoring of Your Choice (Optional)
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Propylene Glycol
- Glass Dropper Bottle or Plastic Unicorn Tip Bottle
- Blunt Tip Syringes
- Latex Gloves to Protect Your Hands
- Digital Scale
Choosing Your Desired CBD Dosage
A very important aspect of DIY CBD vape juice is deciding on the CBD dosage. To avoid over dosing yourself with CBD, although you may not experience any side-effects, it’s important you are aware of the exact amounts of CBD you are putting into your e-juice.
If you are using the 99% CBD Isolate crystal as we recommend, each 1 gram container has 1,000mg of CBD. So if you were to pour the entire gram of Isolate crystals into your mixture, your vape juice CBD content will be 1,000mg per bottle.
Just because you have a full gram, doesn’t mean you have to pour the entire container into your vape juice mixture. You can opt for a lower dosage concoction by using a 1/2 gram or even a 1/4 gram.
If you want exact measurements for lower dosages, we recommend using a scale to weigh out the precise amount of CBD to produce your desired potency.
We have laid out some of the possible dosages you can experiement with to find you optimal dosage of CBD.
- 15mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/15mL bottle = 66.66mg of CBD per mL
- 30mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/30mL bottle = 33.33mg of CBD per mL
- 60mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/60mL bottle = 16.66mg of CBD per mL
If you are looking for a lower dosage of CBD per mL, simply take your desired mg of CBD and divide it by the size of the bottle.
So if you want to use a 1/2 gram of CBD Isolate that would equal 500mg of CBD. Then you would divide that by your bottle size to get your CBD mg content per milliliter.
Instructions for Making CBD Vape Juice
Now that you have all of the necessary ingredients in order, it’s time to start making your CBD vape juice!
Remember, it’s important to ensure that you are using only the highest quality of ingredients. Not only for safety purposes, but also because if you use low quality CBD then the overall quality of your e-liquid will suffer as well.
Although you can choose to create your CBD e-juice in larger bottles such as 30 or 60ml’s, for demonstration purposes, we will be making a 15mL bottle with a 60/40 (VG/PG) ratio.
- Step 1: Decide how much CBD vape juice you would like to make, typically, DIYers opt for a 15mL, 30mL, or 60mL bottle depending on the quantity of ingredients.
- Step 2: Weigh out your desired amount of CBD using your digital scale, skip to the next step if you are using the full gram.
- Step 3: Using a syringe, measure out 9mL’s of vegetable glycerin and 6mL’s of propylene glycol.
- Step 4: Combine the PG and VG into your 15mL bottle
- Step 5: Add the CBD Isolate crystals to your PG and VG mixture
- Step 6: In order to get the CBD crystals to absorb into the vape juice, you need to shake the bottle every couple of minutes, for a minimum of 30 minutes. Once the crystals are absorbed your vape juice is ready to go!
If you leave your CBD vape juice sitting around, you may notice that the CBD in your juice begins to crystalize. Don’t worry this is normal due to the interaction with VG and will not affect the potency. If you notice this, simply shake your bottle for a few minutes and the crystals will dissolve.
You may have notice that we didn’t mention anything about adding flavoring to your CBD e-liquid. It’s not because we forgot, it’s because VG not only provides a sweet taste to your e-juice.
But more importantly, some artificial flavor compounds are reactive. Flavors like vanilla, although the additive is clear, the liquid will turn pink and eventually an amber color after about a month.
Additionally, there is no way to know if artificial or natural flavors interact with CBD. So adding natural or artificial flavoring to your CBD e-liquids is an available option that is strictly up to you!
Sure you can go out and purchase the already made CBD vape juices that are currently circulating the market. But now that you have the knowledge to create your own CBD e-juice, you now have the option to make your own custom flavors at home with the use of CBD Isolate.
Have you had some experience making CBD vape juice at home? Let us know in the comments below what your experiences have been, or some of your favorite vape juices you’ve created! I’ll talk to you in the comments 🙂Find out how to properly and safely make your own CBD vape juice from the comfort of your home! Save money by crafting your own CBD vape juice today! ]]>