Stoner Sundae: How to Make Weed Ice Cream
2 cups heavy cream
5-10 grams marijuana, broken up
Combine the heavy cream and marijuana in a medium saucepan. Cook just below a simmer for one hour. Strain through cheesecloth or fine mesh. Pour the infused cream into a mixing bowl. If too much has evaporated, add some non-infused cream until you’ve got 1 ½ cups. Mix with a hand blender for 30 seconds. Chill until ready to use.
The following recipe creates a plain, white ice cream base. To add flavor, steep your milk with vanilla or herbs before mixing it with the weed cream. Peetz likes balancing out marijuana’s earthy flavor with a sweet and sour strawberry rhubarb topping, made by cooking the fresh fruit with sugar until the water has evaporated.
1 ½ cups weed cream
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
3 ½ tbsp honey
¾ cup dry milk powder
Scant tsp xanthan gum
3 large eggs
½ tsp kosher salt
Heat the weed cream and milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Turn off the heat, and add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs and salt. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and milk powder. (The xanthan gum may not dissolve totally. This is okay.) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and temper with a small amount of the hot cream mixture. Pour everything back into the saucepan. Turn the heat back on low and slowly bring the mixture up to 173 degrees, stirring the bottom of the pot often with a rubber spatula. Remove from heat. Add salt. Blend the mixture on a blender’s low setting for one minute. Strain through a fine sieve into a container. Place the container in an ice bath. Let chill completely. Add honey or maple syrup to sweeten. For a bright flavor, add a squeeze of lemon. Spin the liquid mixture in your ice cream machine and serve.
Stoner Sundae: How to Make Weed Ice Cream 2 cups heavy cream 5-10 grams marijuana, broken up Combine the heavy cream and marijuana in a medium saucepan. Cook just below a simmer for one hour.
Vanilla Cannabis Ice Cream
It’s officially mid-summer, and the temperatures are soaring this year. There’s nothing better than a nice cold meal, and of course the best summer snack is ice cream. Combine two of your passions, and make your very own vanilla cannabis ice cream. Enjoy the summer, and cool down while enjoying cannabis’s medicinal and recreational properties.
Making your own cannabis ice cream is a simple process that has various steps. Get together with friends and spend the afternoon making and enjoying this delicious creation. If you want to get the best medicinal results, we recommend using CBD-rich cannabis.
Cannabis Ice Cream | Pre-Preparation
This recipe can be made various different ways, each one depending on how you want to add your cannabis in. In this version, in order to get THC into the ice cream, we’ll be using cannabis milk which is quite simple to make and guarantees the presence of THC.
This cannabis recipe can also be prepared using cannabis butter (cannabutter), which can be stored for longer than cannabis milk.
We’re going to give a step by step explanation on how to proceed; the first step you’ll need to do is prepare your cannabis milk.
- 300ml full milk
- 5g dry cannabis buds
- Medium-sized saucepan
- 1 glass container for the milk
- 1 sieve
Before starting to cook, we recommend cleaning the cannabis that you plan on using. Place it in a pan with water and heat it up without letting it boil, or without letting it go over 120ºC if you have an efficient way to control the heat.
This is done to get rid of some of the green, chlorophyll flavor from your weed, although it is optional as chlorophyll also contains beneficial properties.
Cannabis milk recipe steps:
- Clean your cannabis.
- Prepare a saucepan and pour in your milk.
- Place your weed in the saucepan.
- Set it to medium heat for 40 minutes and try to keep it from going over 150°C.
- Strain the milk and remove the leftover weed.
- Let it cool down and place the milk in the fridge.
- Your cannabis milk is ready for making for very own cannabis ice cream!
- This milk can be used medicinally also, being highly effective for eating disorders and intense muscle pain, among others.
Vanilla cannabis ice cream recipe:
This recipe makes enough servings for six people, although the size of a serving may vary depending on your tolerance.
- 300ml cannabis milk
- 300ml whipped cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod/vanilla extract
- 5g dry cannabis buds / 20g resinous leaves
- Preferred toppings
- Medium-sized saucepan
- 1 Knife
- 1 fork or electric whisk
- Container for the mixture
- 1 wooden or plastic spoon for mixing
- Ice cream scooper
Vanilla Cannabis Ice Cream Recipe
- Step 1: pour your cannabis milk into a saucepan
- Step 2: open up the vanilla pod and pop the beans and pod into the milk
- Step 3: add the egg yolks and sugar
- Step 4: begin heating the saucepan at medium/low heat whole constantly mixing – do not let the egg begin to cook.
- Step 5: once it’s fully mixed, let it get a bit hotter (while still mixing) until it begins to bubble. As soon as this happens, remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Step 6: add the cream and mix thoroughly until it’s fully blended.
- Step 7: pour the resulting mixture into a bowl with a lid for ice cream and place it in the freezer.
- Step 8: take it out of the freezer every 30-40 minutes.
- Step 9: remove the layer of ice that may have formed over your ice-cream and mix.
- Step 10: repeat the last two steps 3 or 4 times and it should be ready to eat!
All that’s left is plating! You can use whichever toppings you like the most and enjoy the amazing high and taste from your homemade delicious vanilla cannabis ice cream.
This recipe can be made with any type of fruit, using the same steps – simply substitute the vanilla in the recipe for whichever fruit that you’d prefer.
The effect that this ice cream is capable of producing may vary depending on the amount of cannabis used, and if you’re planning on using leaves or buds – it also depends on the THC tolerance of the person consuming the ice cream.
This is why we recommend consuming it with moderation and patience, as cannabis takes longer to take effect when ingested. To be exact, you’ll start feeling the effects around an hour after ingesting it and it can last for a few hours.
If you eat cannabis ice cream and don’t notice any sort of effect after a couple of hours, you may not have had enough. You will need to wait a couple of hours, however, to be sure – you’ll need to be super patient, as if you take more after waiting for about a half an hour you may end up getting too much of an intense high.
If you consume too much, do not fret. Try and stay calm, sit somewhere with good ventilation, put some relaxing music on and take CBD if you have any nearby, as it counteracts the effect produced by THC.
Learn how to make vanilla-cannabis ice-cream, a deliciously cold and perfect snack to share with your friends in the middle of summer.